10 Wellness Tips for Shelter at Homeby Brandon Bennett on 03/30/20
1. Stick to a routine. Get up and go to bed at the same time every day.
2. Get Dressed. Pajamas are great occasionally but getting dressed and “ready” is good for your mind.
3. Get out at least once a day, for at least thirty minutes. Backyard, around the block? Move and get some fresh air.
4. Reach out to others. What a great opportunity to talk to/text people you have been missing in your life.
5. Stay hydrated and eat well. Junk food is junk. As much as you can, practice self-care with nourishing food and fresh water.
6. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Stress affects us all differently. Show some grace and be kind to one another.
7. Lower expectations. This is not an ideal situation; we will need to be flexible and patient. But we can do this.
8. Notice the good in the world, the helpers. And also – be a helper. Write notes, support local businesses – offer to shop for someone if you are able.
9. Reach out for help—RMA is here for you. Call us, reach out on social media, or visit the website. You are not alone.
10. Remember that this is temporary. Hard times make great stories. One day, you will share these stories of grit and coming together with your kids, grandkids or students.